A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
The Richmond Law Experience
Students explore access to justice in poverty law course
Students in Prof. Tara Casey's week-long poverty law course took an intensive look at the intersection of policy, governance, and poverty in the city of Richmond through a combination of site visits and classroom discussions.
Perdue Voted President-Elect of AALS
On Jan. 6, members of the American Association of Law Schools (AALS) voted to appoint Dean Wendy Perdue president-elect for 2017.
Students Lend a Hand on Immigrants' Legal Journeys
When juvenile immigrants enter the United States to join family members, they face a host of obstacles. Students in the Richmond Law Children’s Defense Clinic are helping them navigate legal challenges.
Prof. Robinson Receives Prestigious Education Law Award
The Education Law Society awards Richmond Law professor with the Steven S. Goldberg Award for scholarly excellence.
A Virginia Supreme Court Experience
Students put writing skills to use in Virginia Supreme Court internships.
From Virginia to Alaska
It's a long way from their east-coast homes for two Richmond Law students who have made their temporary homes in the “Last Frontier” state, honing their legal skills with summer internships.
Richmond Law News
UR's commencement weekend features founding partner of BET, Reynolds executive and chief justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia
2016 Law Review Symposium to focus on cybersecurity; former Secretary of Homeland Security is keynote speaker
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
Richmond Law on Twitter
- Prof. @JMcConnelllaw and alum Rachael Deane, L'10, quoted in @RTDNEWS on suspension patterns in local schools: https://t.co/WDXuexnEFG
- We were honored to be joined by Judge Wilkins in a presentation on his @HardTruthBook. Pictured here w/Dean… https://t.co/nNN44mM52D
- RT @URNews2Use: @URLawSchool to host the Hon. Robert Wilkins to discuss his book & the National Museum of African American History and Cult…
- We're looking forward to welcoming Judge Robert Wilkins today to discuss @HardTruthBook. #EmrochLecture https://t.co/xvntSNeCVQ
- We're excited to welcome our admitted prospective students at today's open house. #spiderlawpride https://t.co/ZCdzggKZTT
- Today we're hosting the @VAStateBar symposium on service in the legal profession. https://t.co/zhrCEcjfeP
- Prof. Hank Chambers will join today's @URNews2Use media panel. https://t.co/rAJ7QnDUN7
- RT @urichmond: @URLawSchool students study poverty in Richmond during inaugural short course. #SpiderPride https://t.co/vkbryuOvdG
- Call for volunteers! We'll host the Enviro Negotiation Competition this wknd, & could use some extra judges: email@example.com
- Happy to host this @VABarAssn symposium tomorrow. https://t.co/uhPnul68Rp
- Shout-out to Prof. @joeleisen: https://t.co/Ebx3f5EupF
- RT @PerdueWendy: Technology is changing lawyers' jobs, but it can't yet replace the creativity, judgment & empathy of a great lawyer. https…
- RT @URNews2Use: @URLawSchool's Kevin Walsh quoted in @chicagotribune article on Maryland's ruling of revised travel ban" https://t.co/oIpnT…
- RT @BeAGreenSpider: @URLawSchool professor Noah Sachs comments in this piece: https://t.co/b0VczQg9Eb
- Are you following our law journals on Twitter? @UR_PILR @URLawReview @RichmondJOLT
- RT @URNews2Use: @URLawSchool’s Noah Sachs, in "How the EPA chief could gut the agency’s climate change regulations" https://t.co/2tB1VfZbY5…
- RT @URNews2Use: .@URLawSchool prof. Andy Spalding discusses Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in @YahooFinance article: https://t.co/3qNzHuCUn7
- RT @kurtlash1: Congrats to Richmond Law's Jud Campbell whose "Natural Rts & the 1st Amend" will be pub'd by Yale Law Journal! @URLawSchool…
Law School Calendar
- Informal Discussion on Resilience of Lawyers & the LawMar2711:00 AM - 11:45 AMJoin our 2017 Emanuel Emroch Lecturer, the Hon. Robert Wilkins, in an informal discussion on Resilience of Lawyers and... Continue reading
- Emroch Lecture Series: The Hon. Robert WilkinsMar2712:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe Hon. Robert Wilkins’ new book, Long Road to Hard Truth, shares the story of the 100-year mission to create the... Continue reading
- Law Over Lunch: Special Education EligibilityMar2712:00 PM - 1:30 PMSpecial Education Eligibility: A Pro Bono Training to Assist Children with Disabilities in the Public School System... Continue reading
- Bridge the Gap: Cost Effective Lexis ResearchMar2712:00 PM - 12:50 PMWorking in a law firm that uses Lexis? Learn tips and tricks for Lexis research without breaking your firm's budget.... Continue reading
- Journal of Global Law and Business Info Session & SocialMar275:00 PM - 7:00 PMJoin the Journal of Global Law and Busines to meet its members and learn more about the journal. An information session... Continue reading
- Breakfast with President CrutcherMar288:30 AM - 9:30 AMJoin Dr. Ronald Crutcher, University President, for a morning of informal conversation at this students-only event.... Continue reading
- Thank-a-ThonMar2811:00 AM - 2:00 PMMany of the opportunities available at Richmond Law are made possible thanks to the generous donations of our alumni.... Continue reading
- Richmond Women's Law Class Registration PanelMar2812:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin RWL and five student panelists to learn what classes to take next semester. Chick-fil-A will be served. All are... Continue reading
- 2017 Technology BootcampMar286:00 PM - 8:00 PMJoin us for a Technology Bootcamp featuring participatory workshops including Legal Document Automation, iPads in the... Continue reading
- Christian Law Fellowship Weekly Bible StudyMar2912:00 AM - 12:00 AMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. All are welcome.