A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
The Richmond Law Experience
Perdue Voted President-Elect of AALS
On Jan. 6, members of the American Association of Law Schools (AALS) voted to appoint Dean Wendy Perdue president-elect for 2017.
Giorgetti Elected to ALI
Prof. Chiara Giorgetti is among the 60 new members recently elected to the American Law Institute (ALI), a prestigious organization dedicated to producing scholarly works to improve the law.
Prof. Robinson Receives Prestigious Education Law Award
The Education Law Society awards Richmond Law professor with the Steven S. Goldberg Award for scholarly excellence.
Law Journal Explores Opioid Epidemic
Attorney General Mark Herring was the keynote speaker for a Sept. 30 symposium, hosted by the Public Interest Law Review, that invited attendees to discuss education and prevention efforts surrounding Virginia’s opioid and prescription drug epidemic.
From Virginia to Alaska
It's a long way from their east-coast homes for two Richmond Law students who have made their temporary homes in the “Last Frontier” state, honing their legal skills with summer internships.
Con law expert Kurt Lash to join Richmond Law faculty
One of the country’s leading constitutional law scholars, Professor Kurt T. Lash, will join the University of Richmond School of Law starting in the 2017-2018 school year.
Richmond Law News
2016 Law Review Symposium to focus on cybersecurity; former Secretary of Homeland Security is keynote speaker
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
Richmond Law on Twitter
- About to take a deep dive on the topic of #cyberinsurance w/Judy Selby of @BDO_USA at @RichmondJOLT symposium: https://t.co/uZaVVIaiVd
- Next up at the @RichmondJOLT symposium: speakers from @BakerHostetler on #ransomware: https://t.co/uZaVVIaiVd
- Darin Sands of @lanepowell and the rise of the #datalawyer at today's @RichmondJOLT #cybersecurity symposium: https://t.co/uZaVVIaiVd
- Starting off our @RichmondJOLT #cybersecurity symposium with a conversation on data breaches w/@SenseiEnt: https://t.co/uZaVVIaiVd
- Follow along with today's @RichmondJOLT #cybersecurity symposium, streamed live at https://t.co/uZaVVIrUjN.
- Excited to welcome Prof. Pam Karlan of @StanfordLaw to our Emroch Faculty Colloquy series today.
- RT @URNews2Use: Law (@URLawSchool) professor Jack Preis' expertise cited in @HealthDayEditor article on Transgender Bathroom Rights https:…
- We're exploring happiness in the legal profession w/@PerdueWendy and @profcorts in most recent issue of alumni mag: https://t.co/uj6T4mHDgM
- Where in the world is Dean Rahman? Today, she's conducting a mock admissions panel at @UF. https://t.co/aYTkdLFqvd
- RT @studyabroadUR: @urichmond and #RVA community gather in great numbers to discuss recent #executiveorders on #immigration & #resettlement…
- Prof. Robinson on a constitutional claim to literacy, via the @ABAJournal: https://t.co/BUURNJCeJY.
- Excited to join w/Office of International Ed to offer this forum on the legal consequences of the #immigrationban: https://t.co/cv7zX5Cz0j
- Dean Perdue has a new blog, and is sharing some reflections on the #barexam. https://t.co/eVA9fnrHVS
- Our students enjoyed today's @EdLawCenter presentation w/David Sciarra. https://t.co/NlKrkS5g6B
- Battle for the Capital is baaack! We lost by only 4 gifts last year! Give $5 at https://t.co/eavD0n8Scm to #BeatVCU. #RVAB4C #SpiderPride
- Prof. Tobias says "options are narrowing and dwindling" for #DAPL opponents, in interview w/@thehill: https://t.co/eXgmBlB2mq
- Congratulations to alum Robert Wise, L'97, of @BowmanandBrooke. https://t.co/AJ5fJUYVV7
- RT @Adam_Steinman: Call for Papers: Mid-Atlantic Junior Faculty Forum @URLawSchool, May 10-11, 2017 Abstracts due 3/17 https://t.co/O7PGA8…
- Happy Valentine's Day, from @PerdueWendy and the rest of us here at #RichmondLaw! #welovelawyers https://t.co/K18RY2Hx5s
- RT @SoCalTaxProf: Call For Papers: First Mid-Atlantic Junior Faculty Forum @URLawSchool https://t.co/KVNM5W0YQy https://t.co/82XIMTsOBP
Law School Calendar
- How to Use Your Intersectional Identity to ExcelFeb2712:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin us for a talk by Noorain Khan, Program Officer at the Ford Foundation and Yale Law Alum, which who will share her... Continue reading
- Get to Know Your SBA CandidatesFeb2712:00 PM - 1:00 PMCome learn more about the candidates running for Executive Board positions for the SBA. Anyone is welcome to come and... Continue reading
- 2017 Unified Journal Competition General Interest MeetingFeb2712:00 PM - 1:00 PMIf you are interested in joining the Richmond Law Review, Richmond Journal of Law and Technology, the Richmond Journal... Continue reading
- Christian Law Fellowship Weekly Bible StudyMar0112:00 PM - 1:00 PMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. All are welcome.
- ASIL Webinar: U.S. Engagement and the United NationsMar0112:00 PM - 1:00 PMInternational Law Society is hosting part II of ASIL's new online briefing, "International Law and the Trump... Continue reading
- Career Conversations Networking EventMar016:00 PM - 8:00 PMPlease join us for Career Conversations, an annual networking event for students to meet attorneys from various practice... Continue reading
- VADA Mediation SeminarMar1012:30 PM - 4:30 PMThe Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys invites you to attend a Mediation Seminar at the University of Richmond... Continue reading
- Christian Law Fellowship Weekly Bible StudyMar1512:00 AM - 12:00 AMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. All are welcome.
- 3L Class Gift TablingMar1610:00 AM - 1:00 PMLeave your legacy with Richmond Law by donating to the 3L Class Gift. Meet a member of the Class Gift Committee and a... Continue reading
- Confident Pluralism: Surviving & Thriving through Deep DifferenceMar1612:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe UR Federalist Society is thrilled to host a conversation with John Inazu, the Sally D. Danforth Distinguished... Continue reading