A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
The Richmond Law Experience
Students Lend a Hand on Immigrants' Legal Journeys
When juvenile immigrants enter the United States to join family members, they face a host of obstacles. Students in the Richmond Law Children’s Defense Clinic are helping them navigate legal challenges.
Prof. Robinson Receives Prestigious Education Law Award
The Education Law Society awards Richmond Law professor with the Steven S. Goldberg Award for scholarly excellence.
Law Journal Explores Opioid Epidemic
Attorney General Mark Herring was the keynote speaker for a Sept. 30 symposium, hosted by the Public Interest Law Review, that invited attendees to discuss education and prevention efforts surrounding Virginia’s opioid and prescription drug epidemic.
A Virginia Supreme Court Experience
Students put writing skills to use in Virginia Supreme Court internships.
Con law expert Kurt Lash to join Richmond Law faculty
One of the country’s leading constitutional law scholars, Professor Kurt T. Lash, will join the University of Richmond School of Law starting in the 2017-2018 school year.
Alum bikes for a cause
Laura Boorman, L’13, will raise money for an international education nonprofit by biking through Tanzania – and she found some inspiration for the trip at Richmond Law.
Richmond Law News
2016 Law Review Symposium to focus on cybersecurity; former Secretary of Homeland Security is keynote speaker
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Richmond Law on Twitter
- RT @urichmond: @URLawSchool prof. Hank Chambers comments on election issues likely to go before #SCOTUS for @usnews: https://t.co/6q2weAoTxy
- RT @URNews2Use: .@URLawSchool prof. Andy Spalding lends his expertise to story on #Rolls_Royce bribery scandal. https://t.co/VqRRP0V8cq via…
- RT @OldDominionBar: Just TWO days left to get the early bird price for our Winter Meeting on 2/11/17 at @URLawSchool. Register today: https…
- So proud that our very own @JMcConnelllaw is a @YWCArva Outstanding Women Awards honoree! https://t.co/Tb6Yivy90X
- RT @urichmond: #MLKDAY volunteers making no-sew fleece blankets for to welcome youth who come to Elk Hill, a local group home. (@URLawSchoo…
- Miss the #EvilTwin Debate w/@rtushnet & @marklemley in San Francisco? Check out the video! https://t.co/WcY5cYIjF3
- Prof. Preis in today's @RTDNEWS on the problem w/Del. Marshall's #bathroombill: https://t.co/8KTrT7EjjS
- Today at #AALS2017, @weblawlib presents on technology - from the classroom to the law firm.
- VA is well represented on @TheAALS! Congratulations to Paul Marcus of @WMLawSchool on his election as president. #AALS2017
- It's official: The votes are in and Dean Perdue is president-elect of @TheAALS! #AALS2017 https://t.co/hQLgafVMKL
- It's on tonight: #EvilTwinDebate at @GGULaw. @marklemley & @rtushnet take on trademark reg/1st amendment:… https://t.co/JvwdoKZ3rZ
- Today at #AALS2017, @athenais1674 moderates "Narrating Evidence" and Shari Motro discusses transformative learning.
- Today at #AALS2017, Mary Heen & Jonathan Stubbs participate in panel on preparing for life beyond the legal academy.
- Who will be tomorrow's #EvilTwinDebate victor? It's @marklemley v. @rtushnet at #AALS2017: https://t.co/vVtHhfHoBc
- Richmond Law brings you 10th #EvilTwinDebate at #AALS2017 on trademark reg & 1st amendment: https://t.co/vVtHhfHoBc @ccotropia @ProfJimi
- Today at #AALS2017, Prof. Stubbs discusses leadership development in law school curricula and @legal_lou presents on experiential learning.
- 10th annual #EvilTwinDebate will feature Mark Lemley of @StanfordLaw & Rebecca Tushnet of @GeorgetownLaw at #AALS2017 on Friday!
- Today at #AALS2017, Dean Perdue presents on global paths of US law schools and @weblawlib discusses using technology to bridge the legal gap
- Prof Tobias continues national campaign of op-eds on #judicialvacancies, this week in W District of Pa via @thehill: https://t.co/y4xiQugO9B
Law School Calendar
- Civic Engagement Week: Career Panel - Alumni Perspectives on Law, Public Policy, and Government RelationsJan1912:00 PM - 1:00 PMLearn how three Richmond Law alums have used their legal expertise – on Capitol Hill and beyond – to support... Continue reading
- Phi Alpha Delta Interest MeetingJan1912:00 PM - 1:00 PMPhi Alpha Delta (PAD) is an international social and legal fraternity, serving UR Law. We will be discussing how to... Continue reading
- Veteran and Military Law Association Member MeetingJan1912:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe Veteran and Military Law Association is hosting a beginning of semester meeting that outlines events and plans for... Continue reading
- RWL's Women's March Sign Making PartyJan1912:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Richmond Women's Law in the Carle E. Davis Room (Commons) and make a sign for law students to bring to the Women's... Continue reading
- Civic Engagement Week: Carrico Center Service OpportunitiesJan209:00 AM - 4:00 PMJoin the Carrico Center for a day of service and outreach opportunities. Contact Tara Casey to register.... Continue reading
- Civic Engagement Week: Inauguration Viewing and LunchJan2011:00 AM - 1:00 PMIn keeping with our Richmond Law tradition, we will air the presidential inauguration. Stop by the Carle E. Davis Room... Continue reading
- Interview Skills Workshop: Best Practices in ActionJan2012:00 PM - 12:50 PMHear from 2Ls and 3Ls about their interview experiences and see best practices in action through a series of mock... Continue reading
- Street Law Informational MeetingJan2012:00 PM - 1:00 PMInterested in participating in Street Law this semester? Come learn about the program and the locations we will teach at... Continue reading
- Balancing Act: Introduction to ResilienceJan2312:00 PM - 1:00 PMResilience is what gives us the psychological strength to cope with stress and hardship. It is the mental reservoir of... Continue reading
- What I'm Working On: Faculty-Student ConversationsJan2412:00 PM - 1:00 PMHow Did the Founders Understand Constitutional Rights?... Continue reading