A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
Prof. Robinson Receives Prestigious Education Law Award
The Education Law Society awards Richmond Law professor with the Steven S. Goldberg Award for scholarly excellence.
A Conversation on Voting Rights with Prof. Hank Chambers
As election day approaches, 2L Allison Tinsey and Prof. Hank Chambers discuss issues surrounding voting rights and the right to vote.
A Virginia Supreme Court Experience
Students put writing skills to use in Virginia Supreme Court internships.
From Virginia to Alaska
It's a long way from their east-coast homes for two Richmond Law students who have made their temporary homes in the “Last Frontier” state, honing their legal skills with summer internships.
Alum bikes for a cause
Laura Boorman, L’13, will raise money for an international education nonprofit by biking through Tanzania – and she found some inspiration for the trip at Richmond Law.
A passion for nonprofits
When Ann Hodges and Phyllis Katz founded the Legal Information Network for Cancer in 1996, they learned a lot about the law relating to nonprofits. So much, in fact, that they decided to put their knowledge to good use by developing a course.
The Richmond Law Experience
Richmond Law News
2016 Law Review Symposium to focus on cybersecurity; former Secretary of Homeland Security is keynote speaker
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Richmond Law on Twitter
- RT @URNews2Use: .@URLawSchool's Julie McConnell interviewed by @WVTFRADIOIQ for piece on juveniles sentenced to life without parole https:/…
- RT @LegalEDweb: Jack Preis from @URLawSchool how We are Always Team Teaching. #lawschool #academia https://t.co/6TZTWflxkD
- Always proud to see good news from alums like Sarah Francisco, newly named director of the @selc_org Va. office: https://t.co/1MeTW9xiML
- "It's unavoidable that state actions will impact the wholesale markets, and vice versa." Prof @joeleisen via @Law360 https://t.co/6zPOdNIn9f
- RT @VALW: From the Daily Alert: @UVALaw, @WMLawSchool, and @URLawSchool lead the way in overall pass rates for July Bar exam https://t.co/o…
- RT @URLawLibrary: Prof. Cecka’s Chapter in Feminist Judgments: Rewritten Opinions of the United States Supreme Court: Prof. Dal... https://…
- RT @URNews2Use: .@UofMaryland prof. Ira Berlin [Re]Defines #slavery in North America in #JepsonForum 10/19 @ 7pm @JepsonSchool https://t.co…
- RT @preservationva: Our fence, porch & garden look great after our wonderful volunteers worked on the John Marshall House Saturday! @URLawS…
- Prof. @kevincwalsh will examine John Marshall as a hidden hero of self-governance at Oct. 26 MCLE (1 ethics credit): https://t.co/nwWYsFH73h
- RT @URNews2Use: Energy advisers to @HillaryClinton & @realDonaldTrump campaigns debate @URLawSchool 10/25 4pm, registration required https:…
- Prof. Robinson receives scholarship award for "Disrupting Education Federalism" from @ELAOffice: https://t.co/UiOwCxSXzD
- RT @kevincwalsh: Proud to see 🕷lawyer @URLawSchool alums Chris Ashby and Kate Rennolds offering such helpful and timely legal analysis. Wel…
- We're excited to welcome Prof. Patricia Williams of @ColumbiaLaw for today's faculty colloquy workshop. https://t.co/dm3La8e1BT
- RT @CPRBlog: 10/25: @URLawSchool forum on energy, enviro issues in the election, moderated by @CPRBlog Member Scholar Noah Sachs. https://t…
- Today, Prof. Giorgetti joins an @auwcl discussion on investor-state arbitration: https://t.co/qSvXIJv9g5
- We'll host environmental advisors for @HillaryClinton and @realDonaldTrump campaigns in a debate/forum on Oct. 25: https://t.co/8qMieiriwm
- Learn about our clinical programs over donuts, this morning in the Clinical Law Center. #perfect-combo https://t.co/phDF2mjXuz
- We're @UDelaware bound for today's 10am program about #lawschool admissions, w/@ndlawadmissions & @SetonHallLaw. Join us!
- "The idea that he could decide on his own, ‘I will put...Clinton in jail’ is bizarre squared" ProfChambers @guardian https://t.co/S2z3OP6geE
- RT @LegalEDweb: Prof Reeves from @URLawSchool presents “Flipping Bar Prep” #lawschool #academia https://t.co/Si80q3ACJo
Law School Calendar
- Deadline: Legislative/Public Policy Pro Bono ProgramOct24All DayThe Carrico Center is pleased to offer two pro bono opportunities that focus upon legislative and public policy work.... Continue reading
- International Opportunities at Richmond LawOct2412:00 PM - 1:00 PMWant to know what Richmond Law has to offer? Professors and faculty will answer questions about the many international... Continue reading
- Get to Know ... The Hon. Stephen OstrachOct2412:00 PM - 12:45 PMGet to Know... luncheons introduce a small group of students to a different judge. The judges represent various local,... Continue reading
- Balancing Act: Managing CreditOct2412:00 PM - 1:00 PMCome explore tips and tricks for managing credit at this Balancing Act series for law students. Lunch will be served.
- Richmond Women's Law Breast Cancer FundraiserOct2511:00 AM - 1:00 PMRWL will be tabling to (1) raise money for Reach out for Life, a local nonprofit that raises money to provide women with... Continue reading
- Law Student Human Rights Coalition Interest MeetingOct2512:00 PM - 1:00 PMPlease join the Law Student Human Rights Coalition for an informational meeting to discuss our organization and the... Continue reading
- The Choice: Energy & Environment Issues in the 2016 ElectionOct254:00 PM - 6:00 PMJoin Trevor Houser, energy policy adviser to Hillary Clinton's campaign, and Congressman Kevin Cramer (R-ND), energy... Continue reading
- Richmond Women's Law Breast Cancer FundraiserOct2611:00 AM - 1:00 PMRWL will be tabling to (1) raise money for Reach out for Life, a local nonprofit that raises money to provide women with... Continue reading
- MCLE - John Marshall: Hidden Hero of American Self-GovernmentOct264:30 PM - 5:30 PMWe all need heroes. This is true not only of individuals, but of nations. It is also true of professions. This... Continue reading
- Richmond Women's Law Breast Cancer FundraiserOct2711:00 AM - 1:00 PMRWL will be tabling to (1) raise money for Reach out for Life, a local nonprofit that raises money to provide women with... Continue reading