A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combinining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
Alum bikes for a cause
Laura Boorman, L’13, will raise money for an international education nonprofit by biking through Tanzania – and she found some inspiration for the trip at Richmond Law.
A passion for nonprofits
When Ann Hodges and Phyllis Katz founded the Legal Information Network for Cancer in 1996, they learned a lot about the law relating to nonprofits. So much, in fact, that they decided to put their knowledge to good use by developing a course.
Summer fellowships integrate education with employment, stipends with service
The Career Development Office revamped the summer stipend to create a more robust public interest program, providing a holistic approach to students’ summer employment, education, and future careers.
Remembering Justice Antonin Scalia
The University of Richmond School of Law joins the nation in mourning the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
SCOTUS decision affirms FERC authority
Prof. Joel Eisen weighs-in on what he calls “exactly the right result” in the case.
Externships give students D.C. experience
For the four students who participated in Richmond Law’s inaugural D.C. Externship program, experience gained was as important as relationships built.
Richmond Law News
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
Experts to discuss lethal injection and death penalty during upcoming University of Richmond School of Law symposium
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Magazine editor, Virginia attorney general, construction executive to address 2014 graduates May 10-11
Law professor Noah Sachs and student Ryan Murphy call for reforms to toxic chemical regulation in Virginia
Richmond Law on Twitter
- Prof. Tobias' @nytimes letter to the editor explores GOP inaction and court vacancies: https://t.co/VPBB0DXpTk
- RT @kurtlash1: Thoughtful essay by Corrina Lain (Richmond Law) about Death Row and Christian Redemption. https://t.co/e2zoFgm8Ti https://t…
- Prof. Osenga will participate in a teleforum today at 1 w/the @FedSoc on #Cuozzo #SCOTUS case: https://t.co/RKIFQMY71Q
- Magic School comes to @urichmond this month! @nwmagischola https://t.co/bi0DYFsv1x
- Storm recovery work on the law school campus. https://t.co/OBGUqzwsa3
- RT @URSpiderNetwork: Great talk re: freedom of expression on college campuses by @URLawSchool alum Barry Meek @ #CCAroanoke today!
- Prof. Gibson talks #netneutrality with @bpolitics: https://t.co/z73DwgtbcN.
- Alum Providence Napoleon, L'11, of @AllenOvery, was named one of D.C.'s top 40 under 40 lawyers. Way to go, Providence! #RichmondLawPride
- Alum @NarroVictor, L91, reviews latest book by alum @MuslimIQ (Qasim Rashid, L12). https://t.co/xbcijZ0olk #TalkToMe #RichmondLawPride
- RT @PegLegSally: Prof Brown was one of the reasons @URLawSchool was the best. Congrats! https://t.co/xr1Fy9fQZH
- Proud to see Clint Nichols, L'13, listed as one of #RVAsFinest, via @RichmondMag: https://t.co/AzCOYL4jN4
- We're proud to announce the release of Prof. Carol Brown's book, Experiencing Housing Law. #fantasticfaculty https://t.co/Fjulhr8vKa
- RT @ariannahuff: FBI Director James Comey tells @URLawSchool graduates that “sleep is not a moral failing” https://t.co/Y3LGRY0nib #SleepRe…
- The gang's (almost) all here! #SpiderPride https://t.co/uown8bcupk
- Let the Reunion Weekend begin - we're ready for you! #SpiderPride https://t.co/wYqNRw0gwi
- RT @VSBYLC: Come be a part of our #younglawyer events! @VAStateBar @VSBAnnualMeet https://t.co/XnTx1cqecX
- It's reunion weekend countdown time! Can't wait to welcome alumni back to campus tomorrow. #spiderreunion https://t.co/0S3xij2XKp
- Prof. Spalding continues his #anticorruption study with a closer look at Temer's recent actions. #Brazil https://t.co/6s3K5szN4z
- Richmond Law will host the SubTech Unconference on legal ed technology July 7-9. https://t.co/i4mjK2elKF
- RT @URNews2Use: .@FBI Director James Comey delivering the commencement address to @URLawSchool grads aired via @cspan this weekend https://…