A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combinining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
Alum bikes for a cause
Laura Boorman, L’13, will raise money for an international education nonprofit by biking through Tanzania – and she found some inspiration for the trip at Richmond Law.
A passion for nonprofits
When Ann Hodges and Phyllis Katz founded the Legal Information Network for Cancer in 1996, they learned a lot about the law relating to nonprofits. So much, in fact, that they decided to put their knowledge to good use by developing a course.
Summer fellowships integrate education with employment, stipends with service
The Career Development Office revamped the summer stipend to create a more robust public interest program, providing a holistic approach to students’ summer employment, education, and future careers.
Remembering Justice Antonin Scalia
The University of Richmond School of Law joins the nation in mourning the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
SCOTUS decision affirms FERC authority
Prof. Joel Eisen weighs-in on what he calls “exactly the right result” in the case.
Externships give students D.C. experience
For the four students who participated in Richmond Law’s inaugural D.C. Externship program, experience gained was as important as relationships built.
Richmond Law News
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Experts to discuss lethal injection and death penalty during upcoming University of Richmond School of Law symposium
Magazine editor, Virginia attorney general, construction executive to address 2014 graduates May 10-11
Law professor Noah Sachs and student Ryan Murphy call for reforms to toxic chemical regulation in Virginia
Richmond Law on Twitter
- We're getting ready to toast our 3Ls at the end-of-year class BBQ! #classof2016 https://t.co/dL1jafUqEs
- Profs. Cotropia & Gibson are at the @USPTO today to workshop an empirical study of copyright infringement litigation https://t.co/bCn2tA719h
- More awesome news for alum Lakshmi Challa, L'95, via @rvanews: https://t.co/CPByhT8ERA @ChallaLaw
- Alum Laura Boorman, L'13, will join @RIDETZ for a trek across Tanzania to benefit @tfftafrica: https://t.co/BICPGbDziu
- RT @URNews2Use: .@URLawSchool's Hank Chambers weighs in on #McDonnell's case before Supreme Court via @1140WRVA https://t.co/TqUID0bVlb
- RT @joeleisen: My @HarvardELR article on #SCOTUS electricity cases: FERC v. EPSA and the Path To a Clean Electricity Sector https://t.co/4m…
- Students: Looking for a change of pace for your study space during exams? Check out @UR_Downtown. Free shuttle, awesome space.
- Prof. Lain's @TheNewRambler review examines Hirshman's book on feminist justice. #sistersinlaw https://t.co/i2hOVsffud
- RT @ChallaLaw: @URLawSchool proud to hear spider Tara Casey @YWCArva Leader's Forum
- RT @URLawLibrary: Prof. Osenga writes "Why the FTC study on PAEs is destined to produce incomplete and inaccurate results" -IPWatchdog http…
- Congratulations to Lakshmi Challa, L'95! https://t.co/9TDzMfybtz
- Profs. Gibson, Allred, and Cotropia know how to sing the "law student blues." #lawrevue https://t.co/YLHLhSw0j4
- A visit from the #caringcanines AND last classes of the semester on the same day? #bestdayever https://t.co/80TbmQD2NA
- Faculty bands & student confessions at tonight's Law Revue. 7pm, @thecanalclub; #legalfoodfrenzy donations accepted! https://t.co/goKSxWt1pw
- A small tribute to #Prince, thanks to @URLawLibrary. RIP https://t.co/lXkme36bhN
- Loved having our #BridgetoPractice fellows and alums together to celebrate! @CarricoCenter https://t.co/QEzCicPdRg
- RT @NicoleOPries: Missed the Paper Tigers film in #RVA? It's returning May 12 thanks to @rvaSCAN & @URLawSchool #traumainformed https://t.c…
- The @AP consults w/Prof. Tobias on VW owners' requests for trial, via @PhillyInquirer: https://t.co/8kjgK1YEIA.
- Prof. @kevincwalsh urges rejection of McAuliffe death-penalty drug secrecy proposal in today's @RTDNEWS: https://t.co/mMOA4uIQxm.
- Latest #SCOTUS #FERC opinion "leaves a lot of uncertainty" going forward, says Prof. Eisen, via @EEPublishing. https://t.co/EiCoIUfc5G
Law School Calendar
- Law School Study Days at UR Downtown (LAW)May029:30 AM - 4:30 PMNeed a change of pace for your study space? Check out the comfy study space and light refreshments provided at UR... Continue reading
- Law School Study Days at UR Downtown (LAW)May039:30 AM - 4:30 PMNeed a change of pace for your study space? Check out the comfy study space and light refreshments provided at UR... Continue reading
- Law School Study Days at UR Downtown (LAW)May049:30 AM - 4:30 PMNeed a change of pace for your study space? Check out the comfy study space and light refreshments provided at UR... Continue reading
- 2016 Law School CommencementMay072:00 PM - 3:45 PMCommencement exercises begin at 2 p.m. and are expected to end by 4:00 p.m. with a reception to follow.... Continue reading
- Richmond Law Estate Planning SeminarMay128:30 AM - 5:00 PMSponsored by Wells Fargo.... Continue reading
- Marshall Center Lecture Series: James W. CeaserMay124:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Jepson School of Leadership Studies' Marshall Center Lecture Series presents James W. Ceaser, the Harry F. Byrd... Continue reading
- Paper Tigers - Screening and Performing Statistics Project (LAW)May126:00 PM - 9:30 PMPaper Tigers is an intimate look at a year in the life of the students of Lincoln High School, an alternative school... Continue reading
- Juvenile Law and Education ConferenceMay138:50 AM - 4:40 PMThe 21st Annual Robert E. Shepherd Jr. Juvenile Law and Education Conference will focus on the topic, "Advocating for... Continue reading