A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combinining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
Alum bikes for a cause
Laura Boorman, L’13, will raise money for an international education nonprofit by biking through Tanzania – and she found some inspiration for the trip at Richmond Law.
A passion for nonprofits
When Ann Hodges and Phyllis Katz founded the Legal Information Network for Cancer in 1996, they learned a lot about the law relating to nonprofits. So much, in fact, that they decided to put their knowledge to good use by developing a course.
Summer fellowships integrate education with employment, stipends with service
The Career Development Office revamped the summer stipend to create a more robust public interest program, providing a holistic approach to students’ summer employment, education, and future careers.
Remembering Justice Antonin Scalia
The University of Richmond School of Law joins the nation in mourning the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
SCOTUS decision affirms FERC authority
Prof. Joel Eisen weighs-in on what he calls “exactly the right result” in the case.
Externships give students D.C. experience
For the four students who participated in Richmond Law’s inaugural D.C. Externship program, experience gained was as important as relationships built.
Richmond Law News
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Experts to discuss lethal injection and death penalty during upcoming University of Richmond School of Law symposium
Magazine editor, Virginia attorney general, construction executive to address 2014 graduates May 10-11
Law professor Noah Sachs and student Ryan Murphy call for reforms to toxic chemical regulation in Virginia
Richmond Law on Twitter
- TX litigation could push #SCOTUS to rule on gender discrimination laws, according to Prof. Tobias via @nytimes: https://t.co/oz2sQiGGns
- Is Brazil's #anticorruption moment in jeopardy? Prof. Spalding investigates, via @FCPA: https://t.co/Dvz5K8iD7y
- RT @URNews2Use: Prof John Pagan (@URLawSchool) quoted in States ratchet up transgender battle with lawsuit against U.S. https://t.co/PBC6Yg…
- RT @UFLaw: #UFLaw Prof. Jason Nance publishes new article on racial bias & school-to-prison pipeline in @URLawSchool Law Review https://t.c…
- RT @rappahannockcc: Don't miss the uplifting commencement speech by @URLawSchool graduate Judge R. Michael McKenney for RCC: https://t.co/S…
- Prof. Sachs calls for companies to be held accountable for environmental damage, via @highcountrynews: https://t.co/jbSUkffwKp
- Here's a hint at a cool project we have in store with @Sprocket_Media. #dronesarecool https://t.co/PZ9FwZt79h
- Prof. Tobias also discusses potential litigation from president's guidance on transgender students, via @latimes: https://t.co/e8pXPlh3sV
- Justice Dept advises schools on transgender student bathroom issue; Prof. Robinson weighs in via @WSJLawBlog https://t.co/namvj04pfb
- The US is "trying to change worldwide cultural norms around bribery & fraud." Prof Spalding in @washingtonpost: https://t.co/1Z4M895tlO
- RT @gerard_924: K-12 Funding Crisis by Professors Ogletree & Robinson https://t.co/XxkM870wY5 via @educationweek .@URLawSchool @Harvard_Law…
- New in the #Brazil #anticorruption world today: Prof. Spalding's latest chapter on #Olympic governance framework: https://t.co/yASVOpMYnI
- RT @URichmondMag: Brazil's current crisis "a stunning success story"? So says @URLawSchool anticorruption expert Andy Spalding https://t.co…
- RT @URLawLibrary: Prof. Ronald Bacigal quoted in Washington Post article... https://t.co/aDsUVhreDz
- RT @JHiznay: @GovernorVA @angelaciolfi @URLawSchool attending Juv Justice Conf - 40% incarcerated youth r special needs #kidsrppl2
- Prof. Tobias weighs in on #HB2 bathroom law, via @theobserver: https://t.co/WUeeNlrcFg
- Tomorrow marks our 44th (!) Annual #EstatePlanning Seminar: https://t.co/qf582uGUn3
- Prof. Gibson is live on @BloombergLaw Radio now, discussing #oracle copyright case: https://t.co/2gxCT0Ev8v.
- RT @FCPA: Andy Spalding: Here's the book we wrote about Brazil’s anti-corruption triumph https://t.co/yR7Ba0lh6w
- RT @urichmond: View @URLawSchool's commencement ceremony—including remarks by @FBI Director @jamescomey1—online at https://t.co/SvuBTFFIME.…
Law School Calendar
There are no events currently scheduled.