A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combinining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
From Virginia to Alaska
It's a long way from their east-coast homes for two Richmond Law students who have made their temporary homes in the “Last Frontier” state, honing their legal skills with summer internships.
Con law expert Kurt Lash to join Richmond Law faculty
One of the country’s leading constitutional law scholars, Professor Kurt T. Lash, will join the University of Richmond School of Law starting in the 2017-2018 school year.
A passion for nonprofits
When Ann Hodges and Phyllis Katz founded the Legal Information Network for Cancer in 1996, they learned a lot about the law relating to nonprofits. So much, in fact, that they decided to put their knowledge to good use by developing a course.
Faculty News: Hires and Promotions
Richmond Law is proud to announce some new faculty appointments and promotions for 2016-2017.
Remembering Justice Antonin Scalia
The University of Richmond School of Law joins the nation in mourning the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
Best Practices meeting highlights partnership with prosecutors and Richmond Law
A unique collaboration between Virginia’s prosecutors and the University of Richmond School of Law was highlighted recently at a nationwide meeting of statewide Best Practices Committees in Washington, D.C.
Richmond Law News
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
Experts to discuss lethal injection and death penalty during upcoming University of Richmond School of Law symposium
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Magazine editor, Virginia attorney general, construction executive to address 2014 graduates May 10-11
Richmond Law on Twitter
- RT @msugar13: Lain on Death Row via CrimProf Blog - Corinna Lain (University of Richmond - School of Law) has ... https://t.co/VUhv51oYRN
- Dean Rahman talks to @USATODAY about making a budget in law school: https://t.co/lnVdDyaD06
- Richmond Law students explore legal frontiers (and legal skills) in Alaska: https://t.co/7K7Qx87bVr
- RT @OKCDefenseLaw: Thanks to Dean Perdue of @URLawSchool for participating in our law deans interview series. https://t.co/8EbF0dgIn1
- #Zika, water pollution, and forced displacement: a closer look at #Brazil governance probs, w/@LawProfAndy: https://t.co/0oJVWRUGla.
- 3 years of law school, countless hours of studying, 2 days of testing: You're ready for this! Sending positive vibes to our #barexam takers.
- Prof. Casey (@legal_lou) in this weekend's @RTDNEWS: "We need to look for those who will heal our community." https://t.co/6Jah9J4YVS
- VP pick @timkaine addressed Public Interest Law Review symposium on veteran’s rights in 2013: https://t.co/qn58SWgbZM
- VP nom @timkaine’s 2011 contribution to the @URLawReview explores economic policy following the recession: https://t.co/s7uxGPeUDj
- Dean Perdue calls @timkaine a "superb teacher" known for accessibility and intellect. https://t.co/viB4eaP0RW
- RT @MuslimIQ: I had @timkaine as a professor in law school—one of the best teachers I've ever had. Needless to say I'm pleased Tim Kaine…
- RT @rklau: Thrilled to know @timkaine, a law professor from my law school alma mater @URLawSchool, is joining @HillaryClinton on the ticket.
- Dem VP nom @timkaine has deep ties to @urichmond and the law school - including a dual appointment as distinguished lecturer w/@JepsonSchool
- Congratulations to Justice Koontz, L'65, on this award for an outstanding career. @CarricoCenter https://t.co/wrvA0KmSIe
- Less than a week left until the #barexam, and we're sending positive vibes to our hard-working students! #crunchtime
- RT @FCPA: Andy Spalding on Brazil’s first pillar: Procurement reform https://t.co/lHUrw7Osgo
- RT @WilliamBaude: With the addition of @kurtlash1, U. Richmond continues to consolidate an amazing con law faculty. https://t.co/tgT3AYhaJT
- Prof. Tobias weighs in on #Deflategate via the @nytimes: https://t.co/m2bdzbnCm7
- More details on our fantastic new hire, @kurtlash1: https://t.co/SaUCHEV2do
Law School Calendar
- Law Career Immersion DayAug198:30 AM - 2:30 PMAll new students are expected to attend this signature career immersion event. Program highlights include:... Continue reading
- Law School Orientation Service DayAug209:00 AM - 12:00 AMIncoming 1L students can register to participate in one of the following orientation service project opportunities here.... Continue reading
- Marshall Center Lecture Series: Jennifer RubinSep094:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Jepson School of Leadership Studies' Marshall Center Lecture Series presents Jennifer Rubin, author of the... Continue reading
- The Jepson Leadership Forum: Annette Gordon-ReedSep157:00 PM - 8:30 PMThe Jepson Leadership Forum presents Annette Gordon-Reed, Harvard University historian and law professor whose research,... Continue reading
- Public Interest Law Review SymposiumSep3010:00 AM - 3:00 PMMore details to follow.
- The Jepson Leadership Forum: Ira BerlinOct197:00 PM - 8:30 PMThe Jepson Leadership Forum presents Ira Berlin, Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland... Continue reading
- Law Review SymposiumOct289:00 AM - 4:00 PMLaw Review Symposium More details to come.
- The Jepson Leadership Forum: Eric FonerNov157:00 PM - 8:30 PMThe Jepson Leadership Forum presents Eric Foner, Columbia University professor regarded as the leading authority on... Continue reading
- Marshall Center Lecture Series: Gen. Michael V. HaydenNov184:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Jepson School of Leadership Studies' Marshall Center Lecture Series presents Gen. Michael V. Hayden, former... Continue reading
- The Jepson Leadership Forum: Isabel WilkersonJan247:00 PM - 8:30 PMThe Jepson Leadership Forum presents Isabel Wilkerson, journalist and bestselling author of The Story of the Great... Continue reading