A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combinining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
A Virginia Supreme Court Experience
Students put writing skills to use in Virginia Supreme Court internships.
From Virginia to Alaska
It's a long way from their east-coast homes for two Richmond Law students who have made their temporary homes in the “Last Frontier” state, honing their legal skills with summer internships.
Alum bikes for a cause
Laura Boorman, L’13, will raise money for an international education nonprofit by biking through Tanzania – and she found some inspiration for the trip at Richmond Law.
A passion for nonprofits
When Ann Hodges and Phyllis Katz founded the Legal Information Network for Cancer in 1996, they learned a lot about the law relating to nonprofits. So much, in fact, that they decided to put their knowledge to good use by developing a course.
Summer fellowships integrate education with employment, stipends with service
The Career Development Office revamped the summer stipend to create a more robust public interest program, providing a holistic approach to students’ summer employment, education, and future careers.
Remembering Justice Antonin Scalia
The University of Richmond School of Law joins the nation in mourning the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
The Richmond Law Experience
Richmond Law News
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Experts to discuss lethal injection and death penalty during upcoming University of Richmond School of Law symposium
Magazine editor, Virginia attorney general, construction executive to address 2014 graduates May 10-11
Richmond Law on Twitter
- Law students: time to get your donut on! Stop by the Clinical Law Center to enjoy some morning treats and convo w/our clinicians.
- Everyone knows that #lawstudentslovedonuts. So come visit the Clinical Law Center (lower level) Wed. a.m. to enjoy some @sugarshack_shop!
- RT @URLawLibrary: Library Hours for Fall 2016: The library has made a few adjustments to the regular hours schedule for the 201... https://…
- Texas judge blocks Obama's #transgender directive, and Prof. Tobias weighs in via @latimes: https://t.co/bxIj5AaPNi.
- Look who we found hanging out around the law school on the first day of classes! https://t.co/8EQOXtY8i6
- We're having fun w/behind-the-scenes glimpses at law school life over on our new @instagram page. Join us! https://t.co/Nr5PCc0TiJ
- Alum Lakshmi Challa's op-ed in this week's @RTDNEWS on immigrants' impact on VA economy. https://t.co/pPBIsdjQJM
- We loved working with @Sprocket_Media on our new video! https://t.co/TdJyEgoST0
- We are #ready to welcome our new students to orientation! #spiderlawpride https://t.co/2dIUDieNSW
- Excited to welcome @selc_org, @SpilmanLaw & @ChesterfieldVa Circuit Court to #OCI tomorrow!
- "The untold story is that Brazil is creating a governance legacy." @LawProfAndy on #anticorruption via @USATODAY: https://t.co/TZofm0GgMT
- As #OCI week wraps up, here's some news about recruitment trends. https://t.co/OAHiGRWHxn
- Things are getting exciting in the atrium! #lawschoolart @WorthPrinting https://t.co/tWi3mCpDEb
- On-campus interview week is winding down, and we're tremendously grateful to our employers, like @WoodsRogersPLC & @willcoxsavage. #OCI
- Excited to have @VinsonandElkins on campus for on-campus interviews today! https://t.co/5q54eUFef3
- “A pleasant surprise about law school is how much I’ve truly enjoyed it.” Come explore the #RichmondLawExperience: https://t.co/TdJyEg7huq
- RT @capricelroberts: Congrats #SEALS2016 scholarly award winner Prof. Meredith Harbach @URLawSchool for thoughtful work Nudging Parents, 19…
- "You really can't beat this city." Come explore the #RichmondLawExperience: https://t.co/TdJyEgoST0
- Alum @NarroVictor, L'91, reflects on his experience as a student in @timkaine's legal ethics course. https://t.co/jX1G46aPLm
- Students are suiting up for On Campus Interviews w/ @McGuireWoodsLLP, @TStweets, @OgletreeDeakins & @WilliamsMullen this week.
Law School Calendar
- Law Clinic Open House: Donuts & ConvoAug248:15 AM - 11:00 AMStop by the Clinical Law Center on the lower level of the law school (by the DownUnder) for a chance to meet the... Continue reading
- Law School Welcome Back FairAug265:00 PM - 12:00 AMJoin fellow students, faculty, and staff for an afternoon of corndogs, cotton candy, and cornhole. We'll have drinks,... Continue reading
- Breakfast with Dean HendersonAug298:30 AM - 9:30 AMJoin Associate Dean Kris Henderson for a morning of conversation. Students will have the opportunity to get to know Dean... Continue reading
- Law School CDO Open HouseAug318:30 AM - 11:00 AMPlease join us for coffee and donuts in the Career Development Office between 8:30 and 11:00 am.
- International Law Society Informational SessionAug3112:00 PM - 1:00 PMInternational Law Society will host an informational meeting for past and new members with a buffet of international... Continue reading
- Coffee with Carrico: Open HouseSep018:30 AM - 10:30 AMTo kick off another great year of service, join the Carrico Center for coffee, bagels, and conversation. Information... Continue reading
- Veterans Military Law Association Interest MeetingSep0112:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe Veteran and Military Law Association (VMLA) is hosting its fall interest meeting for all current VMLA members and... Continue reading
- Richmond Women's Law Interest MeetingSep0512:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe Richmond Women's Law will be hosting an interest meeting for all students interested in our organization. We will... Continue reading
- SIPLA General Interest MeetingSep0612:00 PM - 1:00 PMGeneral interest meeting for the Student Intellectual Property Law Association. Professor Cotropia will give a talk... Continue reading
- Advocacy ShowcaseSep0612:00 PM - 1:00 PMCome learn about the various advocacy opportunities available at Richmond Law.... Continue reading