A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
The Richmond Law Experience
Perdue Voted President-Elect of AALS
On Jan. 6, members of the American Association of Law Schools (AALS) voted to appoint Dean Wendy Perdue president-elect for 2017.
Giorgetti Elected to ALI
Prof. Chiara Giorgetti is among the 60 new members recently elected to the American Law Institute (ALI), a prestigious organization dedicated to producing scholarly works to improve the law.
Prof. Robinson Receives Prestigious Education Law Award
The Education Law Society awards Richmond Law professor with the Steven S. Goldberg Award for scholarly excellence.
Law Journal Explores Opioid Epidemic
Attorney General Mark Herring was the keynote speaker for a Sept. 30 symposium, hosted by the Public Interest Law Review, that invited attendees to discuss education and prevention efforts surrounding Virginia’s opioid and prescription drug epidemic.
From Virginia to Alaska
It's a long way from their east-coast homes for two Richmond Law students who have made their temporary homes in the “Last Frontier” state, honing their legal skills with summer internships.
Con law expert Kurt Lash to join Richmond Law faculty
One of the country’s leading constitutional law scholars, Professor Kurt T. Lash, will join the University of Richmond School of Law starting in the 2017-2018 school year.
Richmond Law News
2016 Law Review Symposium to focus on cybersecurity; former Secretary of Homeland Security is keynote speaker
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
Richmond Law on Twitter
- Our students enjoyed today's @EdLawCenter presentation w/David Sciarra. https://t.co/NlKrkS5g6B
- Battle for the Capital is baaack! We lost by only 4 gifts last year! Give $5 at https://t.co/eavD0n8Scm to #BeatVCU. #RVAB4C #SpiderPride
- Prof. Tobias says "options are narrowing and dwindling" for #DAPL opponents, in interview w/@thehill: https://t.co/eXgmBlB2mq
- Congratulations to alum Robert Wise, L'97, of @BowmanandBrooke. https://t.co/AJ5fJUYVV7
- RT @Adam_Steinman: Call for Papers: Mid-Atlantic Junior Faculty Forum @URLawSchool, May 10-11, 2017 Abstracts due 3/17 https://t.co/O7PGA8…
- Happy Valentine's Day, from @PerdueWendy and the rest of us here at #RichmondLaw! #welovelawyers https://t.co/K18RY2Hx5s
- RT @SoCalTaxProf: Call For Papers: First Mid-Atlantic Junior Faculty Forum @URLawSchool https://t.co/KVNM5W0YQy https://t.co/82XIMTsOBP
- RT @jamespguy: Honored to hear from Congressmen @BobbyScott & @Donald_McEachin @OldDominionBar @URLawSchool #odbawinter2017 #shouldersofgia…
- Prof. Robinson is talking #schoolfinance on @AEIeducation live web stream. https://t.co/4vPOBj27RE
- Honored to have @OldDominionBar Assoc at the law school today. https://t.co/CvuVu7KGEr
- Big weekend in store at Richmond Law: @RichmondMock competition, @OldDominionBar meeting, @RichmondLawSBA auction/casino night. #phew
- Prof. Tobias talks w/@TheHill on Trump's "collision course" with judges: https://t.co/IU8XKKfcLg
- Richmond law profs are taking over Twitter! First @profcorts, now @lawproflain! Welcome to the #twitterverse, friends!
- Prof. Lain in today's @RTDNEWS on #shockevents, #chaostheory, and the current administration: https://t.co/DvRbt8raRn
- The latest Richmond Law prof to join the Twitterverse is @profcorts, who explores happiness and meaning in professional life. #happylawyer
- RT @URLawLibrary: Black History Month – Watch & Learn https://t.co/n03vWWPlAZ
- RT @TheAALS: .@URLawSchool's innocence institute wins clemency for man facing life sentence for non-violent drug offense: https://t.co/XqEz…
- Prof. Tobias discusses what Trump's #SCOTUS pick means for the future w/@politico: https://t.co/gyFjQsAgW9 #Gorsuch
- RT @URNews2Use: Interview with @URLawSchool's Hank Chambers - "Trump Picks Gorsuch for SCOTUS" via Newsradio 1140 WRVA @1140WRVA https://t.…
- .@LawProfAndy talks democracy, corruption, bribery, and Brazil w/@BloombergView: https://t.co/keO3RIy3p2
Law School Calendar
- Conquering the Bar ExamFeb2112:00 PM - 12:30 PMJoin Themis for a Chik-Fil-A lunch and everything you need to know to crush the bar exam. Free UBE & Virginia Essay... Continue reading
- If/When/How Interest MeetingFeb2112:00 PM - 1:00 PMAre you interested in reproductive justice? Do you believe that every person should be able to decide If, When, and How... Continue reading
- SIPLA/GRIPLA Meeting: Patent Litigation TalkFeb215:30 PM - 8:30 PMSIPLA will be holding their February meeting in conjunction with GRIPLA. Prof. Chris Cotropia will be presenting on... Continue reading
- Law School Basketball NightFeb216:30 PM - 9:00 PMJoin your law school classmates to tailgate in the Down Under before the Richmond Spiders take on the Wildcats of... Continue reading
- Meet the UR CliniciansFeb229:00 AM - 11:00 AMMeet the UR Clinicians in the Clinical Law Center and enjoy Sugar Shack Donuts! Sponsored by Clinical Placement Program,... Continue reading
- Christian Law Fellowship Weekly Bible StudyFeb2212:00 PM - 1:00 PMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. All are welcome.
- #YouAreWelcomeHere Campaign Video FilmingFeb2212:00 PM - 12:15 PMThe #YouAreWelcomeHere campaign is a higher education initiative in which schools from across the United States are... Continue reading
- Social Justice Movie Series: Separate and UnequalFeb224:00 PM - 5:00 PMJoin the Carrico Center for a screening and discussion of Separate and Unequal, which chronicles a group of citizens in... Continue reading
- Trump's Ban On Travel and Resettlement: Legal Issues, Responses, and Consequences for Refugees and ImmigrantsFeb224:30 PM - 5:45 PMBoth President Trump’s executive order on travel and recent judicial responses to it have raised a number of legal,... Continue reading
- Moot Court Oral Argument WorkshopFeb2312:00 PM - 1:00 PMParticipants of this program will learn how to prepare their oral argument for the Barnett Moot Court Competition. All... Continue reading