A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combinining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
Best Practices meeting highlights partnership with prosecutors and Richmond Law
A unique collaboration between Virginia’s prosecutors and the University of Richmond School of Law was highlighted recently at a nationwide meeting of statewide Best Practices Committees in Washington, D.C.
SCOTUS decision affirms FERC authority
Prof. Joel Eisen weighs-in on what he calls “exactly the right result” in the case.
Student publishes article in environmental newsletter
3L Jack Morgan's article highlights complaint against EPA.
Students, Attorneys Partner in Pro Bono Criminal Appeals Program
Students highlight pro bono appeals work for criminal defendants as a top experience of their law school career and a chance to gain invaluable practice skills.
Students offer trademark resources to entrepreneurs
On a Monday night in November, a dozen start-up business owners gathered in downtown Richmond for an introduction to trademark law.
As the only law student in the University of Richmond’s Army ROTC battalion, Polina Tsvetikova is putting her status to good use.
Richmond Law News
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Experts to discuss lethal injection and death penalty during upcoming University of Richmond School of Law symposium
Magazine editor, Virginia attorney general, construction executive to address 2014 graduates May 10-11
Law professor Noah Sachs and student Ryan Murphy call for reforms to toxic chemical regulation in Virginia
U.S. Circuit Court Judge Roger L. Gregory to speak at University of Richmond School of Law commencement May 5
Azizah al-Hibri, University of Richmond law professor, appointed to U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
Wendy Collins Perdue, Georgetown University Law Center associate dean and professor, named next dean of University of Richmond School of Law
Richmond Law on Twitter
- Prof. Osenga urges caution on AG's new #PatentTroll unit, via @wcve: https://t.co/1MUMNGje7j.
- Excited to host over 50 employers today for the Government & Public Interest Interview Program, w/@UVALaw and @WMLawSchool.
- SCOTUS signals "nationwide progress toward reducing carbon emissions is going to be slowed down." @joeleisen @Law360 https://t.co/rNVLmaz8bO
- "Hot Topics in Family Law" is the focus for Prof. Motro's visit to @lawdepaul this afternoon. #facultyontheroad
- Only 24 hours left to purchase advance tickets for Auction - and prices increase at the door! https://t.co/xr0WAfez2z
- Student loan concerns? Explore repayment options at Balancing Act lunch w/Financial Aid Office. Today, 12 p.m., Room 114.
- Want to go to a @GoSquirrels game w/Prof Douglass or play Frisbee w/Dean Gibson? 2 days left to buy auction tickets! https://t.co/xr0WAfez2z
- Prof. Tobias weighs in on judge selection in Roush appointment, via @RTDNEWS: https://t.co/2XJNK87eX7
- RT @randypicker: My @URLawSchool Evil Twin debate on Google/Oracle and software copyright with the great @PamelaSamuelson is at https://t.c…
- Congratulations to the new leadership of the @VABarAssn - including president elect David Mercer, L'73!
- Prof. Eisen will participate in a panel on #FERC ruling tomorrow, w/ABA Section on Admin. Law & Regulatory Practice. https://t.co/Dy3d7Q94iz
- 7-day countdown to Auction/Casino night for alums, students & friends. Greens fees, bar courses & trips up for bid! https://t.co/xr0WAeWYb1
- RT @BYULawSchool: @URLawSchool Prof Andrew Spalding speaking #BYULaw on FIFA, Olympics, & Global anti-corruption, Feb. 4 https://t.co/gXAUc…
- Dean Hutchinson shares how Richmond Law prepares students for the job market, w/@VirginiaBiz: https://t.co/udDzDqdKXg
- RT @UARKLaw: @URLawSchool Prof (and fmr #UARKLaw Dean) David Epstein joined us for some podcasting. #profxchange #UARK https://t.co/RzP95f5…
- Less than two weeks until Auction & Casino night to raise $ for summer stipends. Good times, good cause, open bar. https://t.co/xr0WAeWYb1
- RT @acslaw: #Patent ‘Reform’: What We Need First Is a Role Reversal https://t.co/oSrtFDACsg by @URLawSchool Prof Kristen Osenga https://t.c…
- 1Ls: Don't forget this afternoon's required program from the @VAStateBar: Real World Dilemmas Facing Attorneys, 3 p.m., Moot Courtroom.
- Space is filling quickly for the @RichmondJOLT e-Discovery Symposium on Feb. 26. Reserve your spot today! https://t.co/f6UoPhhg8G
- Prof. Tate will moderate this #OneBookOneRichmond conversation. https://t.co/QhhwyNouVB
Law School Calendar
- Government and Public Interest Interview Program (LAW)Feb129:00 AM - 5:00 PMInterviews will be conducted for students selected by any of the more than 50 employers registered to attend.
- Law School Auction & Casino Night 2016Feb127:30 PM - 10:30 PMAuction & Casino Night... Continue reading
- SIPLA Hosting USPTO VisitFeb1712:00 AM - 12:00 AMSIPLA will host the US Patent & Trademark Office's Director of Enrollment and Discipline who is responsible for... Continue reading
- Breakfast with Dean Henderson (LAW)Feb178:30 AM - 9:30 AMStop by the Davis Room for a bagel and a cup of coffee with Dean Henderson. No agenda - just want to know what's on your... Continue reading
- Wills for Veterans Pro Bono Clinic (LAW)Feb1712:00 PM - 4:00 PMThe Veterans Hospital provides veterans who need estate planning services, Williams Mullen provides volunteer attorneys... Continue reading
- CLF Weekly Bible Study (LAW)Feb1812:00 PM - 1:00 PMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. Everyone is welcome!
- Tax Preparation Services (LAW)Feb198:00 AM - 5:00 PMUniversity of Richmond is part of the Metrocash Coalition, a group of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites... Continue reading
- Judicial Clerkship Series: Bankruptcy Clerkships (LAW)Feb1912:00 PM - 12:45 PMFormer bankruptcy clerks, along with Prof Epstein, will explain what it is like to clerk for a bankruptcy judge,... Continue reading
- Balancing Act: Resilience (LAW)Feb2212:00 PM - 1:00 PMA law student's survival guide: Highlighters, sticky tabs, Red Bull, Starbucks and Resilience! The Balancing Act series... Continue reading
- Pushing Forward... Tips for Landing Your First Post-Graduate Job (LAW)Feb2212:00 PM - 12:45 PMRecent alumni share strategy, tips and encouragement for 3Ls searching for post-graduate employment.