A Network of Colleagues
Our students are at the heart of a distinctly collegial community, where we maximize the potential of every soon-to-be lawyer through individualized attention.
Learning From the ExpertsOur professors are experts in their fields, and are among the best teacher-scholars in the nation.
Skills for SuccessOur students enjoy a comprehensive curriculum, combinining a sophisticated legal theory with numerous opportunities to put theory into practice.
The Richmond Law Experience
A Virginia Supreme Court Experience
Students put writing skills to use in Virginia Supreme Court internships.
From Virginia to Alaska
It's a long way from their east-coast homes for two Richmond Law students who have made their temporary homes in the “Last Frontier” state, honing their legal skills with summer internships.
Alum bikes for a cause
Laura Boorman, L’13, will raise money for an international education nonprofit by biking through Tanzania – and she found some inspiration for the trip at Richmond Law.
A passion for nonprofits
When Ann Hodges and Phyllis Katz founded the Legal Information Network for Cancer in 1996, they learned a lot about the law relating to nonprofits. So much, in fact, that they decided to put their knowledge to good use by developing a course.
Summer fellowships integrate education with employment, stipends with service
The Career Development Office revamped the summer stipend to create a more robust public interest program, providing a holistic approach to students’ summer employment, education, and future careers.
Remembering Justice Antonin Scalia
The University of Richmond School of Law joins the nation in mourning the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
Richmond Law News
UR's Commencement weekend is May 7-8; speakers to include award-winning journalist, business executive and FBI director
Expert witness in State Department trials against former Nazis to speak about work as both historian and prosecutor
University of Richmond Law students to volunteer at former chief justice John Marshall's House as part of HandsOn Day
University of Richmond hosts former Virginia executioner to discuss criminal justice and why he now opposes the death penalty
University of Richmond's Coggins earns highest honor from American Association of Law Library Hall of Fame
School of Law presents 'Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and the American Capital Punishment System"
Experts to discuss lethal injection and death penalty during upcoming University of Richmond School of Law symposium
Magazine editor, Virginia attorney general, construction executive to address 2014 graduates May 10-11
Richmond Law on Twitter
- RT @PhiAlphaDeltaHQ: Glad to see Dean Rahman of @URLawSchool & Dean Benfield of @DELawSchool prepping for PAD Pre-Law Conference by visitin…
- We're Boston-bound today for our mock admissions programs: 12:15 @BostonCollege (Cushing Hall 333), 7pm @BU_tweets (A&S Bldng B36).
- RT @URLawLibrary: Apply for SLATE!: You practically live in the Library — we want to hear your voice! The Library is seeking re... https://…
- We couldn't be more proud of Richmond's own in-house poet, @ProfJimi. https://t.co/2ZcAa31Tuu
- RT @URichmondMag: As we anticipate #debates2016, we offer @racrutcher thoughts on the virtue of listening to bridge differences. https://t.…
- Any @wlunews students interested in learning about #lawschool admissions? Check out our mock admissions program today, 1:30, Elrod Commons
- .@TeslaMotors files suit in Michigan, and Prof. Tobias weighs in on #dormantcommerce clause, via @WSJ: https://t.co/5Rl6EENETw
- RT @URNews2Use: .@URLawSchool prof. Carl Tobias quoted in "Can Supreme Court Be More Than Election Sound Bite?" via @BloombergBNA https://t…
- Following Heroin/Opioid Awareness Week, @AGMarkHerring joins us Sept. 30 for CLE exploring VA's #opioid epidemic.… https://t.co/R8iawyF3Jp
- We're at @GeorgeMasonU today and @GWtweets tomorrow for mock admissions program w/@ndlawadmissions and @WidenerLawCW. Join us!
- RT @URNews2Use: "Scotchtown welcomes new citizens" via @heraldprogress https://t.co/r0UxQ4ccwN Azizah al-Hibri, prof. Emerita of @URLawSch…
- Interested in #lawschool? Then check out our mock admissions program today in the Richmond Law Moot Courtroom, 7pm.
- For today's mock admissions program, we're headed to @virginia_tech w/@ndlawadmissions & @WidenerLawCW. New Classroom Bldng, 7pm.
- Prof. @JMcConnelllaw will serve on a panel today as part of the VA Dept. of Criminal Justice #BlueprintsforChange gathering.
- RT @URichmondMag: For the teachers among us, a think piece from @URLawSchool prof Jack Preis on why univs use curves more than K12. https:/…
- Prof. Preis continues his guest stint at @PrawfsBlawg with a post about the curve: https://t.co/Dl39txsoqh.
- We're kicking off this season's admissions visits at @UVA today w/@ndlawadmissions and @WidenerLawCW, 6pm, Clark Hall 108
- Join @JepsonSchool today at 4:30 for convo on police-community relations, w/Prof Hank Chambers & community leaders: https://t.co/YSXlGun50J
- Join @urengage's "Reflecting on Rio" brown-bag discussion today to hear from @LawProfAndy on #anticorruption: https://t.co/vnDgKBTFpH
- RT @ECOStates: Today @ECOStates @alexandraddunn1 will address Prof. Noah Sachs' environmental law class via Skype @URLawSchool on #cooperat…
Law School Calendar
- Rosh Hashanah Apples & Honey - Law SchoolSep2912:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin the Jewish Law Student Association in welcoming a sweet New Year with apples, honey, and special round challah!
- Christian Law Fellowship Weekly Bible StudySep2912:00 PM - 1:00 PMBring your lunch and join the Christian Law Fellowship for a brief Bible study and discussion. All are welcome.
- CCNB Fall Competition MeetingSep2912:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe Client Counseling and Negotiation Board will host is interest meeting for the fall interscholastic competition.... Continue reading
- Public Interest Law Review Symposium: Virginia's Opioid EpidemicSep309:30 AM - 2:30 AMJoin us for a unique symposium confronting the legal components to Virginia's deadly opioid epidemic, with practitioners... Continue reading
- Get to Know... The Hon. Mary B. MalveauxSep3012:00 PM - 1:00 PM"Get to Know" luncheons introduce a small group of students to a different judge each month. The judges are Richmond Law... Continue reading
- Annual VMLA Wounded Warrior TailgateOct0112:00 PM - 3:30 PMOn Saturday October 1, at noon the VMLA will host its annual Wounded Warrior Tailgate before the Towson game at 3:30pm.... Continue reading
- Supreme Court PreviewOct0412:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Professors Chambers, Preis, and Walsh for a preview of the Supreme Court of the United States' upcoming October... Continue reading
- The Constitution at a Crossroads: Akhil Amar at Richmond LawOct0612:00 PM - 1:00 PMThis fall, we’re bringing one of the nation’s top scholars to Richmond Law to discuss the constitutional... Continue reading
- VBA White Collar Criminal Law ForumOct138:30 AM - 1:00 PMA half-day CLE forum sponsored by the VBA Criminal Law Section and the VBA Law School Council. Presenters include Dana... Continue reading
- Inside the Black Box: Grading & AssessmentOct1312:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin law school faculty to learn about the purpose and role of grades and assessment, as well as the background of the... Continue reading