Richmond Law students and alumni who wish to request reciprocity at another law school should submit the Reciprocity Request Form to our office. The reciprocity policies of most law schools are posted on the NALP website.
Limited use of University of Richmond School of Law's career resources are available to students and graduates of other American Bar Association-accredited law schools on the following basis:
- Services available through reciprocity include access to job listings and resource library materials such as publications, directories and handouts. Participation in recruitment programs, one-on-one advising and document review services are not available via reciprocity.
- Services are available only to students and graduates of law schools that allow University of Richmond students and graduates to use their services in a substantially similar manner.
- Services are not granted to first-year students. Services are limited for second-year students during the academic year.
- Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing by the career development office at the student's or graduate's home institution and must certify that the applicant is a student or graduate of that law school.
- Services are available for a period of three months free of charge. Reciprocity may be renewed, provided another reciprocity request is received.
- Reciprocal services may be denied to a particular school if there have been an excessive number of reciprocity requests from that school.
- Reciprocity will be limited to one of the eight ABA-accredited Virginia law schools (Appalachian School of Law, George Mason University School of Law, Liberty University School of Law, Regent University School of Law, University of Richmond School of Law, University of Virginia School of Law, Washington and Lee University School of Law, and William & Mary Law School) during any single reciprocity period.
- Services and facilities will not be available from August 1 to November 15 of each year.
Students and alumni from other ABA-accredited law schools should direct questions and requests for reciprocity to:
Administrative Coordinator for the Career Development Office
University of Richmond School of Law
University of Richmond VA 23173
Phone: (804) 289-8638
Fax: (804) 287-6516